Commercial Waste Disposal: An Ultimate Guide
You, as a business, have legal responsibilities for your waste. We, as a commercial recycling business, also have certain legal obligations linked to what we can collect from you. But how does it affect you? What are we allowed and not allowed to do? Read on to find out more.Get a quote
What counts as business waste?
Basically, anything that needs to be disposed of as a result of commercial activity is classed as business waste. This even applies if you run your business from home – any waste gathered as a result of conducting your business is classed as business waste.
The term “Business waste” includes any waste that comes from the following industries:
We have a duty to ensure that the commercial waste collections that we take care of on your behalf must abide by this terminology. There are rules on the type of waste we can accept, how we store it, and how we dispose of it. Let’s look at that in a bit more detail…
Trade Waste Disposal: Our Rules & Regulations
When it comes to commercial waste collections and disposal there are very strict guidelines that we have to abide by. These include:
- Recycling, reusing, or recovering commercial waste wherever possible
- Dispose of business waste legally
- Sort and store trade waste, securely and safely
- Complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste that leaves our premises
- Be legally registered to dispose of waste
So, when it comes to disposing of your commercial waste, you know that we are bound by law and our commercial waste disposal licence to dispose of your waste in a responsible manner.
Sorting and Storing Waste: Requirements
In order to be able to hold a commercial waste collections licence, we must demonstrate that we will store your waste safely and securely. This includes:
- Storing waste in a secure place
- Store different types of waste separately so that they don’t contaminate each other
- Using containers that are suitable to stop waste from escaping
- The use of waterproof covers to stop rain from creating contaminated run-off
- Clearly label containers with the type of waste they contain
What does this mean for your direct tipping needs?
In essence, whether it is a small business waste or a large business waste disposal, the rules and regulations apply equally to you and us across the board.
We were already committed to recycling as much of the waste that we collected as possible long before this legislation was implemented. Our aim to recycle 100% of the business waste that we collect has seen us grow exponentially – to the point where we have moved to a tailor-made recycling plant in Bolton, and we’ve become the number one commercial waste collector in the North West.
What benefits are there to using our direct tipping commercial waste services?
- Cost-savings: Save money by bringing your business waste to us instead ordering skips ad-hoc.
- Improved time efficiency: Get rid of your commercial waste at a time and date that is suitable to you so you can spend more time on building your business.
- Reliability: We’ve been providing commercial waste disposal service to Bolton and the surrounding areas since 1939, so you know that our family-owned and-run business is true to its word.
- Eco-credentials – We aim to recycle 100% of the business waste that comes into site, meaning that your business can drastically reduce its carbon footprint by using our services.
- Flexible to all business sizes: We’ve been doing commercial recycling for businesses of all sizes for decades, including hospitality, retail, utilities, the public sector, logistics and manufacturing.