We are continuously developing our services and have recently expanded our Weighbridge operations, so we are now looking for a confident and experienced Weighbridge Operator to join the team.
- ensuring that all vehicles are accurately and efficiently weighed and processed on arrival to and upon exit of the site
- working effectively with the yard staff to direct vehicles to the appropriate loading / unloading areas and ensure traffic flow through the site
- checking incoming loads and documentation, ensuring compliance with site licence, and permitted waste types
- reporting any anomalies, errors or contamination to the appropriate staff
- delivering outstanding front-line customer service at all times
What you need
- proven experience working in a similar role within a fast-paced, busy environment
- previous experience working in the waste industry would be advantageous; however, full training will be provided if you do not have this
- good organisational skills, with ability to prioritise work and manage multiple demands
- excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- extremely customer-focused with a good manner, both in-person and on the telephone
- a willingness to adapt and develop knowledge
- ability to work collaboratively with other areas of the business
- Competitive hourly rate, DOE
- 45 hours / 5 days, Monday to Friday shifts
- 1 in 4 Saturdays, 7am-12.30pm
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Fully comprehensive medical cover, including dental and optical
- Life Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral Programme
- Free skips for employees
- Training opportunities
- Full PPE and uniform supplied
Click here for the full job description: Job Description
Why J. Dickinson & Sons?
J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with 84 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner. We are a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation, not afraid to try new things and do things differently, and as such we are growing fast and performing well in the industry. Our state-of-the-art facilities in Horwich are expanding and our new £4.2 million waste processing plant is now up and running. As a result, we are always looking to expand our team of dedicated staff.
J. Dickinson & Sons welcomes applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, marital status or sexual orientation. Any appointment will be made on merit alone.