J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
Due to our continued expansion, we are now looking for a Waste Process Manager. You must have experience in the waste industry. You will be a strong well organised individual assisting with managing a team of up to 30 staff and supporting the Yard Manager. You will be proactive, productive, and work well on your own initiative.
You will set and achieve process targets across the range of activities undertaken. You will be responsible for a culture change within the yard to achieve a systematic approach to all activities.
There is genuine potential to progress and learn, with a growing and diverse company. This is a varied and challenging role, delivering a first-class service.
Working hours – 37.5 per week. Your normal working hours will be 9am-5pm, and 1 in 4 Saturdays 7am – 12.30pm on a rota basis. The occasional early starts and late finishes will be required, however
£40k-£45K Depending on skills and experience.
You will need to have:
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume operation.
• Thrives under pressure – remaining focussed on achieving tasks.
• Excellent verbal communication – demonstrates confidence in their interactions with others
• Excellent interpersonal skills – easily builds rapport with others.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other areas of the business
• Takes personal accountability for any given duties.
• Good numeracy skills can calculate weights and measures.
• Excellent understanding of waste management industry and related legislation – would be an advantage.
• Comprehensive & up-to-date knowledge of environmental legislation and requirements – would be an advantage
• Positive attitude to change and the need for flexibility in planning and behaviours.
Your duties will include:
• Maintaining Accident & Near Miss/Improvement Suggestion records and ensuring that all applicable documentation is received and recorded.
• Maintaining suitable stock of First Aid supplies, including liaising with First Aiders for effective control of expiry dates for all First Aid supplies.
• Creation or revision of Integrated Management System documentation under the advisement of the Quality & HSE Compliance Officer.
• Administration support for the creation or revision of Project documentation with respect to HSE activities.
• Administration support in preparation for, & during, customer & third-party audits.
• Administration support for all HSE monitoring activities.
• Any other administration required by Quality & HSE Compliance Officer.
• Maintain GDPR compliance with regards to any sensitive documentation that is handled during any of the above activities