J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
We specialise in recycling and waste management, including the handling of materials from domestic kerbside collections, commercial collections and waste sites operating a fleet of 30 vehicles, consisting of, Skip & Hook Loaders, tipper trucks, refuse vehicles and walking floors.
Established for 80 years and currently going through a number of positive changes. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and be a part of a fast-moving working environment.
The role of the Training Coordinator is to take ownership for all professional development for the Company. You are responsible for managing, designing, and delivering all training and induction programmes. The role holder will design and deliver training guides for all areas of the business, mapping out training plans, designing and developing training programs. You will have the knowledge and experience to choose appropriate training methods on a case-by-case basis (Individual mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc). You will be required to market available training opportunities to employees and providing necessary information. You will need to be proactive in your approach and be self-motivated.
Your hours of work will be Monday – Friday 08.00am – 5.00pm. You will also be required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays 07.00am – 12:30pm.
Very occasional late-night shifts may be required to spend time with our night team, but this will be planned to suit you.
Your duties will include:
• Design and deliver Inductions for all new employees and agency workers.
• Design training guides for all areas of the business.
• Organise training sessions for yourself in all areas of the business so that you have the knowledge to develop step by step guides for new and existing staff.
• Design and prepare educational aids and materials as required.
• Gather feedback from trainees after each training session.
• Liaise with management team to arrange training schedules for all staff, including annual refresher training.
• Design and deliver individual and group training sessions as directed by the management team following performance and development reviews.
• Maintain training database, training records and all associated administration.
• Research and recommend new training methods that would suit the needs of the business.
• Train all new and existing staff to follow our processes and procedures and document.
• Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
• Order training supplies and materials to enhance instruction programme.
• Play an active role in the disciplinary process, conducting investigations, disciplinary hearings or as a note taker as required.
• Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the Operations Manager.
You will need to have:
• Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
• Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events
• Extensive knowledge of the waste industry would be an advantage
• Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
• Experience with e-learning platforms
• MS Office proficiency
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Strong communication skills
• Level 3 qualification in Education, Training, or related field
In return you will get:
• Salary: £23-£28k Depending on skills and experience
• Annual leave: 28 including bank holidays.
• Our commitment to invest in your development
• A great supportive team environment.
• The opportunity to work with a committed down to earth people, with a real determination to succeed and a passion for being the best.