J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
This is an opportunity to work for a fantastic firm with a great business model who is performing extremely well within the industry.
This is a demanding role working for a growing business. You will need to be an adaptable strong character and be confident in using your own initiative to complete tasks.
This is a varied role to ensure financial processes are carried out in a timely and accurate manner. You will work as a key member of the finance team and provide overall support to your colleagues and customers. There is genuine potential to progress and learn, with a growing and diverse company.
Three full days per week 8am-5pm to be discussed at interview, and one in four Saturdays 7am- 12:30pm
What you will be doing:
- Strong IT skills, uses a range of software, including spreadsheets and databases
- Ensures that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the collection and storage of data – Leads the way with GDPR
- Processing Supplier invoices accurately and within agreed timeframes
- Matching invoices to Purchase Orders
- Posting invoices to Sage 50
- Liaison with internal departments and Suppliers daily to resolve discrepancies
- Liaising with accountants and other stakeholders where necessary
- Credit Control duties as and when required within the department
- Processing accounts payable invoices, supplier statement reconciliations and dealing with queries
- Provide administrative support to the finance team.
- Actively seek ways to streamline current ways of working
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the Financial Controller and Operations Manager
What do you need?
- Experience within a similar role e.g., Purchase Ledge Clerk / Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable clerk
- Experience with using Sage (Ideally Sage 50)
- Experience using other finance systems
- Experienced ideally used to working autonomously, but also likes to be a part of a team
- Comfortable working in an open plan modern working environment
- Good numeracy skills
- Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Pays attention to detail and has a “right first time” approach
- Excellent communicator
- Qualified AAT or qualified by experience
In return you get:
- A generous base salary and 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
Training and Development opportunities funded by the Company – there is a genuine opportunity to progress.
- Company Events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental and optical insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
A great supportive team environment.
The opportunity to work with a committed down to earth people, with a real determination to succeed and a passion for being the best.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £10-11p/h dependent on experience.