At J Dickinson Property Ltd, we let a medium-size commercial and residential property portfolio.
The role of the Property Manager is to manage the day to day running of the entire J Dickinson property portfolio, maintaining high standards in all areas of business including, budgets, insurance, housekeeping, compliance, and Certification. You will ensure excellent maintenance standards of all property’s, including the Managing Directors personal properties by effective management of maintenance worker and contractors, to provide excellent service and deliver high standards. You will maintain a positive, productive relationship with tenants/guests. Ensuring that complaints & emergencies and handled effectively and efficiently.
This is a demanding role working for a growing business. You will need to be an adaptable strong character and be confident in using your own initiative to complete tasks with minimal direction.
The hours of work are 8am-5pm Monday – Friday.
• You have experience in a similar role ideally within the property sector.
• You will have a good understanding of estates management coordination.
• Strong customer service experience.
• Strong prioritisation, multi-tasking, and organisation skills.
• Experience of computing & presenting reports.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel, Word and ideally PowerPoint and BI.
The Role Includes:
• Overall accountability for the management of the Property Office, to include dealing with post, management of cleaning, ordering supplies, telephone enquiries and managing the Property Department inbox.
• Management of maintenance schedule including instructing the General Maintenance Person to carry out routine servicing/ testing and inspections.
• Manage and monitor the workload of the General Maintenance Person, updating the maintenance log with jobs as required.
• Managing all services and Utilities – New supplies, Receiving / collecting utilities readings and liaising with suppliers / accounts / payments
• Advertise and market vacant spaces to attract tenants/ guests.
• Manage tenants/guests including screening tenants, setting contracts, setting, and collecting rent and where necessary initiating eviction. Negotiate lease/contracts with contractors/clients in a timely and reliable manner.
• Instruct surveyors, solicitors, security providers and support the instruction as required.
• Proactively inspect and arrange maintenance to meet the required high standards. Providing feedback to the General Maintenance person or contractor as required
• Managing the holiday cottage bookings, cleaning, and guest contact
• Ensures asset register for all three Property businesses are kept up to date.
• Maintain records, list of all inspections, signed leases, certificates, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of rent collection and insurance costs. • Work closely with the Financial Controller to develop and manage annual budgets and analyse variances, data, and trends and to assess properties’ performance. Use this information to design and propose business plans for assigned properties
• Insurance valuations, utility contracts and all other legal compliance relating to the ownership and rental of property will be maintained and reviewed regularly to ensure they meet the needs of the Company.
In return you get:
• Training and Development opportunities funded by the Company – there is a genuine opportunity to progress.
• Company pension
• Employee discount
• Life insurance
• Free On-site parking
• Private dental and optical insurance
• Private medical insurance
• Employee Referral programme
• Wellness programmes