J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 82 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.Due to our continued expansion, we are looking for experienced
Shovel / 360/ Telehandler Driver’s to join our team. There is genuine potential to progress and learn, with a growing and diverse company. This is a varied and challenging role, delivering a first-class service.
- Proven working experience as a Machine Operator within the Waste Industry is preferred but is not crucial.
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to uphold and improve the company brand standards.
- A team player who is committed to enhancing the company culture.
- Safe operating record with no incidents of damage or injury.
The Role Includes:
- Complete documented pre-use checks on the machine and report any issues identified
- Operate the company machine in a safe & professional manner.
- Have knowledge of varying Waste Streams and Grades of waste
- Possess an Operators Card or Certificate of Basic Training
- Loading various waste streams and grades into various differing processing machines & vehicles
- Complete the daily work schedule in line with the company objectives.
- Liaise and communicate with the Transport Office, Weighbridge, Yard Operatives, Workshop, and other site functions to overcome issues as they arise.
In return you get:
- A generous base salary and 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
- Ongoing training and development support.
- Full uniform, PDA, fuel cards and any other items deemed necessary to complete the role.
- The opportunity to join a family with a real determination to succeed and a passion for being the best.