J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 82 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
Due to our continued expansion, we are now looking for an experienced Class 2 Driver to join our team. You will be required to operate Skip, Roll-on/Roll-off and Tipper wagons as required by the business. Full training will be given, but experience in one or all wagons would be an advantage. There is genuine potential to progress and learn, with a growing and diverse company. This is a varied and challenging role, delivering a first-class service for our customers, on time, every time. Working with the internal Customer Service staff and the Sales team and reporting directly to the Logistics and Transport Managers you will have a real opportunity to help the company grow and adapt.
The Role Involves:
- Complete documented pre-use checks on the vehicle and report any issues identified.
- Drive the company vehicle in a safe & professional manner.
- Have knowledge of the RTR & WTD Regulations
- Interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Complete the daily work schedule in line with the customer and company objectives.
- Liaise with and communication with customers, members of the public, Transport Office, Weighbridge, Workshop, Management and site functions to overcome issues as they arise.
- Maintain & improve the company brand standards through, personal presentation, office presentation and document presentation.
- Please note – company uniform and all required PPE are provided.
- Proven working experience as an LGV Driver within the Waste Industry is preferred but is not crucial.
- Possess the relevant category licence, Digital Card and Driver CPC Card
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to uphold and improve the company brand standards.
- A team player who is committed to enhancing the company culture.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.