J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 82 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner. Due to our continued expansion, we are now looking for an experienced Class 2 Driver to join our team. You will be required to operate Skip, Roll-on/Roll-off and Tipper wagons as required by the business. Full training will be given, but experience in one or all wagons would be an advantage.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 Saturdays a year on a rota basis.
Pay: £12.50p/h Mon-Fri, £15p/h on Saturdays
The Role Involves:
• Complete documented pre-use checks on the vehicle and report any issues identified.
• Drive the company vehicle in a safe & professional manner.
• Have knowledge of the RTR & WTD Regulations
• Interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Complete the daily work schedule in line with the customer and company objectives.
• Liaise with and communication with customers, members of the public, Transport Office, Weighbridge, Workshop, Management and site functions to overcome issues as they arise.
• Maintain & improve the company brand standards through, personal presentation, office presentation and document presentation.
• Please note – company uniform and all required PPE are provided.
• Proven working experience as an LGV Driver within the Waste Industry is preferred but is not crucial.
• Possess the relevant category licence, Digital Card and Driver CPC Card
• Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A commitment to uphold and improve the company brand standards.
• A team player who is committed to enhancing the company culture.
• Good driving record with no traffic violations.
In return you get:
• A generous base salary and 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
• Ongoing training and development support.
• Full uniform, PDA, fuel cards and any other items deemed necessary to complete the role.
• The opportunity to join a family with a real determination to succeed and a passion for being the best.