HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
We are looking for a HGV Mechanic to join our small but highly skilled and dedicated team of engineers and fitters, undertaking daily preventative maintenance tasks and responding to breakdowns.
This is an opportunity to work for a fantastic firm with a great business model who is performing extremely well within the industry. We are a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We are not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we are growing fast.
This is a demanding role working for a growing business. You will need to be an adaptable strong character and be confident in using your own initiative to complete tasks.
Hours and Salary may be negotiable for the right candidate
- Job Title – HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
- Salary – Negotiable
- Hours – 48-hour week
- Week 1 Shift: 5:00 am – 3:30 pm (with 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
- Week 2 Shift: 10:00 am – 8:30 pm (with 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
- To include every other Saturday 7.00am – 12pm
HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter job role:
- Responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines and repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner.
- Able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturer’s standards.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your Workshop Manager
Requirements for HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter:
- Previous experience as an HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter is essential
- Ideally have a formal qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Class 1 or 2 licence desirable
- Knowledge of cranes or hydraulics is an advantage
- Experience working on tippers, tippers, grabs and plant machinery is desirable
- Knowledge of diagnosing problems and preventative measures