J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 82 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner. Due to our continued expansion, we are now looking for an experienced Class 2 Driver to join our team. You will be required to operate Skip, Roll-on/Roll-off and Tipper wagons as required by the business. Full training will be given, but experience in one or all wagons would be an advantage.
Hours: Monday – Friday 06.45am-17.00pm, Saturday on a rota basis 07.00am – 12.30pm
Pay: £13.00 – £14.25 Mon-Fri, £15p/h on Saturdays
The Role Involves:
- Complete documented pre-use checks on the vehicle and report any issues identified.
- Drive the company vehicle in a safe & professional manner.
- Have knowledge of the RTR & WTD Regulations
- Interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Complete the daily work schedule in line with the customer and company objectives.
- Liaise with and communication with customers, members of the public, Transport Office, Weighbridge, Workshop, Management and site functions to overcome issues as they arise.
- Maintain & improve the company brand standards through, personal presentation, office presentation and document presentation.
- Please note – company uniform and all required PPE are provided.
- Proven working experience as an HGV Driver within the Waste Industry is preferred but is not crucial.
- Possess the relevant category licence, Digital Card and Driver CPC Card
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to uphold and improve the company brand standards.
- A team player who is committed to enhancing the company culture.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
In return you get:
- Competitive salary.
- Training and Development opportunities funded by the Company – there is a genuine opportunity to progress.
- Use of Company Pick-up Truck
- Company Events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental and optical insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Referral programme
- Wellness programmes