J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
Due to our continued expansion we are now looking for a Banksman to join our team.
There is genuine potential to progress and learn, with a growing and diverse company. This is a varied and challenging role, delivering a first-class service.
Working hours are 07.00am – 5:30pm Monday-Friday, and every other Saturday 07.00-12.00.
Hourly rate £11.00 – £13.00
The role includes:
- Directing movement of vehicles and equipment around the site.
- Recommending and laying out safe on-site traffic systems.
- Keeping people and vehicles apart
- Providing clear, correct and safe directions to plant operators.
- Communicating with drivers and plant operators verbally and by radio and/or industry standard hand signals.
- Managing traffic to avoid excessive queuing.
- Minimizing the possible risk to personnel and other equipment.
- Communicating with Weighbridge teams to direct drivers to the correct areas
- Any other duties commensurate with role as requested by the Yard Manager
You will need to have the following experience:
- Banksman: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waste Industry 1 year (preferred)
You must be:
Physically fit and active to cope with the demands of the role.
Willing to adapt to new processes.
Willing to attend training and work within health and safety guidelines.
In return you get:
- Training and Development opportunities funded by the Company – there is a genuine opportunity to progress.
- Competitive salary.
- Use of Company Pick-up Truck
- Company Events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental and optical insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Referral programme
- Wellness programmes