Mobile and Fixed Plant Fitter Required:
J Dickinson & Sons are proud to be a family-owned and run company with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling and skip hire industry. At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a professional and accessible service whilst serving to dispose of waste in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
We are looking for a Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager to join our small but highly skilled and dedicated team of engineers and fitters, undertaking daily preventative maintenance tasks and responding to breakdowns.
This is an opportunity to work for a fantastic firm with a great business model who is performing extremely well within the industry. We are a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We are not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we are growing fast.
This is a demanding role working for a growing business. You will need to be an adaptable strong character and be confident in using your own initiative to complete tasks with minimal direction.
The hours of work will be 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday. You will also be required to work every other Saturday 7 am – 12:30 pm. Overtime and additional weekend work will be required at times.
We have several mobile pieces of plant that will require regular maintenance and repairs, ranging from shredders and shakers to material handlers and loading shovels.
Your duties include:
- Responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines and repairs and testing of fixed and mobile plant machinery in a professional and safe manner.
- Able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturer’s standards.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Undertake maintenance tasks and schedule routine maintenance.
- Work to a maintenance schedule, recording tasks completed.
- Attend breakdowns, diagnose faults and fix.
- Advise operators on basic operator maintenance and optimising how to run the machines.
You will need to have:
- Significant experience within the recycling, waste or comparable “heavy plant” industries.
- Proficient in diagnosis and repairs to hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume operation.
- Thrive under pressure – remaining focussed on achieving tasks.
- Excellent verbal communication – demonstrates confidence in their interactions with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills – easily build rapport with others.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other areas of the business to maximise productivity
- Positive attitude to change and the need for flexibility in planning and behaviours.
- Previous experience as an HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter is desirable
- Ideally have a formal qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of diagnosing problems and preventative measures
Company Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary. – £32 – £40k DOE
- Training and Development opportunities funded by the Company – there is a genuine opportunity to progress.
- Company Events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental and optical insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Referral programme
- Wellness programmes